12 Nov ALIBABA, APPLE TALKS ON PAYMENTS TIE-UP FOCUSED ON CHINA
Asia-Pacific is the region taking centre stage in the world ecommerce market. In 2014, 46% of online buyers came from Asia-Pacific. The region’s rise has been caused by a number of factors, increased internet access and smartphone proliferation are just a few. With Asia pacific growing and China playing a critical role in its growth, Apple and Alibaba have partnered to form a payment alliance
The Wall Street Journal posted on how to put this partnership in place. “One of the possible ways for this collaboration, would be for Alibaba’s financial affiliate, which owns the Alipay electronic-payment business in China, to provide back-end services for Apple’s Apple Pay payment system, allowing iPhone users to pay with Apple Pay using the money from their Alipay accounts.”
This is just one of the possible plans that are still in talks. The two businesses are still exploring if there are other opportunities where they can work together, since the Chinese government have certain restrictions on payment businesses in China for foreign companies.
It will be interesting to see how this partnership pans out if Apple gets the green light, and whether it will be widely received in China.
Welcome to Worldwide Wednesday. Asia-Pacific is the region taking centre stage in the world ecommerce market. In 2014, 46% of online buyers came from Asia-Pacific. The region’s rise has been caused by a number of factors, increased interne ]]>
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015