13 Mar How to grow your business in 2020 and reach new customers with YouTube video ads
In this article we’ll explain how YouTube video ads can help companies like yours achieve their marketing objectives and which ones you use for your business to ensure maximum success.
How can Aware Help You Grow Your Business Using Google Video Ads?
Aware are a Google Certified partner who offer a wide range of Google Ads management solutions tailored for your business.
Our services include consultancy, management as a service and handling all your creative assets.
So, if you fancy having the hard work of running a YouTube video ads campaign handled for you then contact Aware today and let us work with you to help you grow your business!
Introducing the different types of video ads
Google’s TrueView skippable video ads are designed to help your business meet the following marketing objectives:
|Your businesses marketing objective||TrueView format|
|Create awareness of your brand or service||TrueView for reach|
|Influence more people to consider your brand or service||TrueView in-stream
|Generate customer action for your brand or service||TrueView for Action|
What Are the TrueView for Reach Video Ad Benefits For Your Business?
- Reach more people.
- Can be easily planned for and measured across one or multiple campaigns.
- Designed to capture viewer’s attention.
What Are the TrueView in Stream Video Ad Benefits For Your Business?
- Designed to help you get your companies stories to the most viewers.
- Deliver impact to your audience.
- Discover real results you can measure.
What Are the TrueView Discovery Video Ad Benefits For Your Business?
- Helps you influence more people to choose your businesses or services.
- Gets your company or services right at the front of viewer YouTube interaction.
- Designed for companies who specialise in how-to videos or who want to promote their YouTube channel.
What Are the TrueView For Action Video Ad Benefits For Your Business?
- Helps you get the most conversions from each ad.
- Turns viewer action into action.
- Can be tailored to meet your specific company business goals.
How much does using TrueView video ads cost your company?
TrueView for reach
These are bought based on targeted CPM (cost per thousand impressions).
These are bought on a cost-per-view basis (CPV).
You are only charged when a viewer watches 30 seconds or more of your company video, or if the video is less than 30 seconds, then you are charged only if the entire video is watched.
You are also only charged when a user acts from a video, such as clicking the video ad to view your site, and a user can skip the ad after five seconds.
These are bought on a cost-per-view basis (CPV) and appear on the YouTube home feed or watch feed, as well as search results. For these video ads a viewer must click on it to watch it.
How can your company be sure to target the right audience when using TrueView video ads?
Your video ad will be shown to customers based on specific characteristics (e.g. marital status, household income, parental status and more).
Your video ad will be shown to the widest audiences whose interests and habits match your video based on what people search for on Google.
Your video ad will be shown only to niche audiences whose interests and habits match your video based on what people search for on Google.
Your video ad will be shown based on the type of intent audience below that you choose.
- In-Market Audiences – Consumers who are ready to make a purchase by actively researching or intending to buy a product or service.
- Life Events – Consumers at defined transition periods of their life (e.g. moving to a new house or getting married).
- Custom Intent Audiences – Consumers who searched for specific products or services using Google.
- Remarketing – Consumers who you have interacted with already (e.g. they have already visited your website or YouTube channel).
- Customer Match and Similar Audiences – Here you can upload your own manual customer data and Google will allow you to reengage with them or help you find similar audiences.
How can your company measure the success of using video ads?
Below are the key metrics you can use to measure the impact and success of using video ads in your next Google Ads campaign.
- Number of views – The number of times your video ad was viewed.
- View rate – The number of views your video ad had divided by the number of times it was shown.
- Average cost per view – The average amount you pay when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video ad or the entire ad if it’s less than 30 seconds.
- Number of clicks – The number of times people clicked on your video ad.
- Watch Time – The total number of seconds people spent watching your video ads.
- Click-through rate (CTR) – The number of clicks your video ads received divided by the number of times it was shown.
There are many more detailed metrics available for measuring the performance of your YouTube video ads. These metrics cover areas such as YouTube engagement, video viewing stats, as well as the reach and frequency of the video ad.
Let Aware take care of your companies video ads for you
Contact Aware now, a certified Google Partner, to learn how you can take your companies next YouTube video ad campaign to the next level.
We’re waiting to work together with you and your companies marketing and business objectives to create the perfect YouTube video ads campaign and help you reach new customers.
Google Ads Manager
Aware offer a suite of Google Ads Management solutions. We can offer consultancy, management as a service and handle all your creative assets.
- How to use the Google Datalayer to get your ecommerce data into Google Analytics - November 9, 2020
- How to Fix Common Google Shopping Issues - October 6, 2020
- How to perform A/B testing on your website using Google Optimize & Google Analytics - August 31, 2020
- How Using Heatmaps Can Help You Discover Hidden Ways to Increase Your Conversions in Google Ads - July 31, 2020
- How to Set Up Conversion Tracking in Google Ads Using Google Tag Manager - June 29, 2020
- Why Setting Up Remarketing in Google Ads Can Be the Quick Way to Success - June 29, 2020
- How to Get Started with SharePoint For Your Business Using Microsoft 365 - June 15, 2020
- Why Running a Google Ads Smart Campaign Is Not Always A Wise Choice - June 15, 2020
- How to Educate Your Work from Home Staff on Information Security - May 29, 2020
- Eight Tips to Help Companies Avoid Mistakes When Using Google Ads for The First Time - May 12, 2020