08 Mar MEASURING TESTER’S SUCCESS
How to measure tester’s success is really a big challenge. Can tester’s ability be measured by number of defects logged? Answer is No, there are many other impacted areas which have more influence to measure tester’s success.
Type of Defect:
One needs to check the type of defect logged by each tester, many times tester’s log all issues in one issue and many times they prefer to log all the issues separately. If almost all logged issues are based on UI and customer is looking for functionality more than UI then this issues will have less weightage as compared with UI.
But if the company is like “Pixel Perfect” than in this case UI issues are having more weightage as compared with functional.
Many times tester’s find issues which are least likely to be used. In current rapid development and release environment tester needs to understand the RISK involved in testing. They needs to prioritize their testing area and testing scope.
If tester gets more and more issues from the LOW RISK area and still issues are present in HIGH RISK area then issue weightage should be reconsidered.
Type of Testing Performed:
Issues found during regression would be lesser than the issues found during the first round of testing. So the type of testing should be considered during the issues weightage.
Issue complexity is one of the factors which should be considered while calculating the issue weightage, Issues which are easy to find should have less weightage as compared with issues found with more complexity.
If would be interested in Aware Testing Services, you can view our Testing Solutions Page.
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015