12 May Software Helps to Track Product Delivery
Hosted version for SMEs available
Ascent Communications, a Bangkok based software house, has introduced a distribution management system (DMS) for transportation groups and enterprises to manage their logistics. It has also teamed up with SiamMandalay to develop a Thai version of the software as well as a hosted version for small and medium enterprises.
Ascent managing director Bob Turner said the software was developed using his own experience in the e-commerce business, namely 30 years with courier service FedEx.
The company was founded last year with two million baht in capital.
Mr. Turner said one of the challenges of marketing products here was the delivery to customer. If firms cannot tell the custimer when a product will be delivered, it will hurt their business.
The DMS software aims to help companies manage their domestic product pick-up and shipment times.
“With our software they can estimate the time of delivery to their customers,” he said, adding that the company had also showed the system to Thailand Post and a government agency here.
Based on Microsoft’s .Net technology, the DMS software is a web-based application that comes with four modules.
The first module is for customers to book a pick-up service, calculate shipment cost, and access track and trace capabilities.
DMS will help companies to manage their distribution outsourcing partners because they can trace and track their service over the Internet, Mr Turner noted.
Other modules cover sales and marketing, operations and accounting.
The software supports English, Thai and Chinese languages.
- Spreading The Love In The Office For Valentines Day - March 2, 2016
- Aware presents at the “Creativity Connect Forum” - December 1, 2015
- Aware’s Annual Community Care Event 2015 - November 24, 2015
- Aware Will Be Presenting at the International Creativity Forum, ‘Creativity Connect’ - October 28, 2015
- Aware Wins Esri & ICMA Social Services App Challenge with ‘The Raccoon Challenge’ - October 5, 2015
- Event: Enterprise Collaboration and Unified Computing from Cisco and Aware - September 23, 2015
- Aware Raises Over 16,000 - September 1, 2015
- It’s a busy weekend for Aware - July 22, 2015
- Graduation Day – The Aware Academy - May 19, 2015
- Chiang Mai’s First Digital Job Fair - April 30, 2015