20 Dec GETTING HELP ON POWERSHELL ISE
Same like other windows product PowerShell ISE comes with a plenty of help for each commands. This helps are updateable online and offline.
If system is connected with internet you can update PowerShell with newest available package. To update the PowerShell help execute command “update-help”. This command will connect to Microsoft update and automatically download required packages. This may take few minutes to update the complete help.
If help needs to be installed on the system with no internet connectivity, than two commands needs to be executed. 1. Save-help and 2. Update-help for both commands one more parameter of save-help path and update-help from path is required.
- Command to save help: save-help –DestinationPath <path>
- Command to update help: update-help –SourcePath <path>
To get details about any command execute “help <command name>” for example to get information about save-help command execute “help save-help”
To get help with example on how to execute any command “help <command name> -full”
To get help with only examples “help <command name> -Examples”
To get help on floating window “help <command name> -ShowWindow”
To get help online “help <command name> -Online”
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015