25 Apr SOFTWARE TESTING TERMS – IV
61. Localization Testing: Part of software testing process focused on adapting a globalized application to a particular culture/locale. It is normally done by the testing teams.
62. Loop Testing: A white box testing technique that exercises program loops. It is performed by the development teams.
63. Manual Scripted Testing: Testing method in which the test cases are designed and reviewed by the team before executing it. It is done by manual testing teams.
64. Manual-Support Testing: Testing technique that involves testing of all the functions performed by the people while preparing the data and using these data from automated system. it is conducted by testing teams.
65. Model-Based Testing: The application of Model based design for designing and executing the necessary artifacts to perform software testing. It is usually performed by testing teams.
66. Mutation Testing: Method of software testing which involves modifying programs’ source code or byte code in small ways in order to test sections of the code that are seldom or never accessed during normal tests execution. It is normally conducted by testers.
67. Modularity-driven Testing: Software testing technique which requires the creation of small, independent scripts that represent modules, sections, and functions of the application under test. It is usually performed by the testing team.
68. Non-functional Testing: Testing technique which focuses on testing of a software application for its non-functional requirements. Can be conducted by the performance engineers or by manual testing teams.
69. Negative Testing: Also known as “test to fail” – testing method where the tests’ aim is showing that a component or system does not work. It is performed by manual or automation testers.
70. Operational Testing: Testing technique conducted to evaluate a system or component in its operational environment. Usually it is performed by testing teams.
71. Orthogonal array Testing: Systematic, statistical way of testing which can be applied in user interface testing, system testing, regression testing, configuration testing and performance testing. It is performed by the testing team.
72. Pair Testing: Software development technique in which two team members work together at one keyboard to test the software application. One does the testing and the other analyzes or reviews the testing. This can be done between one Tester and Developer or Business Analyst or between two testers with both participants taking turns at driving the keyboard.
73. Passive Testing: Testing technique consisting in monitoring the results of a running system without introducing any special test data. It is performed by the testing team.
74. Parallel Testing: Testing technique which has the purpose to ensure that a new application which has replaced its older version has been installed and is running correctly. It is conducted by the testing team.
75. Path Testing: Typical white box testing which has the goal to satisfy coverage criteria for each logical path through the program. It is usually performed by the development team.
76. Penetration Testing: Testing method which evaluates the security of a computer system or network by simulating an attack from a malicious source. Usually they are conducted by specialized penetration testing companies.
77. Performance Testing: Functional testing conducted to evaluate the compliance of a system or component with specified performance requirements. It is usually conducted by the performance engineer.
78. Qualification Testing: Testing against the specifications of the previous release, usually conducted by the developer for the consumer, to demonstrate that the software meets its specified requirements.
79. Ramp Testing: Type of testing consisting in raising an input signal continuously until the system breaks down. It may be conducted by the testing team or the performance engineer.
80. Regression Testing: Type of software testing that seeks to uncover software errors after changes to the program (e.g. bug fixes or new functionality) have been made, by retesting the program. It is performed by the testing teams.
If would be interested in Aware Testing Services, you can view our Testing Solutions Page.
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015