18 Nov AN INTERNET SUPERHIGHWAY BRIDGING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE IN ASIA PACIFIC
Welcome to What’s trending in Thailand.
Broadband internet plays a major role in how we work and interact socially; it’s now a necessary part of life.
Asia Pacific has the fastest growing internet usage globally, with total of 1.25 billion Internet users, representing 47% of the global online population. However there’s one little problem slowing down growth. Broadband is expensive. The cost of a broadband connection in a developing economy averages 41.7% of monthly income, compared to just 2% in developed economies like Japan, South Korea and Singapore.
The Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (Escap) is working to fix the problem.
To ease regional inequality in broadband access the Asia pacific Information Superhighway is being formed. By 2017, the initiative aims to increase the availability and affordability of broadband internet across Asia-Pacific. The broadstrokes of the plan would encompass policy making and analysis to support countries in developing a seamless information and communication space.
Asia-pacific member countries are expected to invest up to US$8 trillion on ICT infrastructure and the building of fibre-optic networks to help increase the number of internet exchange points, providing better access in the region
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015