04 Nov CHIANG MAI IS FAST BECOMING A CREATIVE AND INNOVATION HUB FOR THAILAND
Welcome to What’s Trending in Thailand.
The startup scene in Thailand is growing and changing. Fast. More and more startups are popping up and investors are recognizing the value in the countries evolving digital and IT landscape. Local start ups secured US$30 million (Bt970 million) in funding this year, doubling 2013’s investment. From start-ups to large enterprises, it’s an exciting time to be a tech company in Thailand.
What’s particularly exciting for us is the growing interest in Chiang Mai, which is fast becoming a creative and innovation hub for Thailand. Due to its cost of living, start-ups can bootstrap and get a company off the ground much cheaper than they can in Bangkok, while still having access to decent infrastructure and talent – both local and foreign. We’re yet to meet a single farang who hasn’t fallen in love with the city.
But, (there’s always a but) like any country, Thailand has its challenges. For those looking at starting and growing a business, culture, geography, talent and infrastructure present budding entrepreneurs with some hurdles. But it’s these same hurdles that present the biggest opportunities and as an 11-year-old company we’ve experienced them all, and we’re still here, standing strong and excited about the next 11 years and the opportunities it presents.
For those interested here are a couple of notable local start-ups and accelerator programs you can keep an eye on.
Hubba – Thailand’s first co-working space
Ookbee – Thailand bigeest ebook store
aCommerce – end-to-end e-commerce solutions provider,
Noonswoon – mobile dating
Hipflat real estate search
Taamkru – educational app
MOXY – fashion and lifestyle e-commerce portal
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015