11 Feb REDUCE THE NUMBER OF BUGS IN PRODUCTION AND TESTING ENVIRONMENT – LET THE PROGRAMMERS TEST THEIR OWN
Due to smaller release cycles, frequent changes in requirements and to meet the deadline of project release many times we need to release product untested or partially tested. Many times we need to do on the fly changes to code and all these situations make product unreliable and not trust worthy. To over-come this situation and make sure that atleast system won’t fail in production programmers should their own code before releasing it for testing.
In many of the software testing books it’s mention that “Programmer should not test his/her own program.” But now it’s time of collaboration and a good team work which will lead application testing to a new height.
So the question is how a programmer can test his/her program?
Before shipping program for testing a developer should test code for some basic testing like
- Boundary Value Analysis:
Developers can test all the input fields for possible input values like [no value, value less than required and value more than required]. This is the common mistakes from programming stands point and if it is resolved at the beginning it will reduce number of bugs during first round of testing.
- Required Field Verification:
All required field validation should be checked before moving project to staging environment. Many times due to usages of Rapid Application Development Platforms developers forget to enable the required field verification this may lead to number of bug increase in staging / production.
- Error Messages Verification:
All error messages should be verified atleast once for their contents and text.
These are some of the basic tests which a developer can perform before releasing a product for staging environment.
If would be interested in Aware Testing Services, you can view our Testing Solutions Page.
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015