16 Sep WHAT’S TRENDING IN THAILAND – HOW CLOUD COMPUTING IS CHANGING EDUCATION IN THAILAND
We’ve found a noticeable absence of reliable Thai tech news, so we’re doing something about it. Each Tuesday, Aware will bring you Thai Tech Trends; analyzing local, regional and global trends and discussing how they might impact Thai organizations.
Cloud-based collaboration tools are becoming an increasingly important and ubiquitous part of our lives; from instant messaging, file and document management, to remote access and knowledge sharing, and everything in between, many industries are using could computing to streamline their operations, including Thailand’s educational institutes.
Local schools Matthayom Watnairong and Satainrattanaram (to name just a few) have found success in public cloud solutions, creating tools that allow teachers to design simple courses on their sites and share the details with their pupils.
Appraisals of the students’ grasp and retention of the material can also be carried out via the solution. Satainrattanaram has also been selected as the first of six schools to try out Thailand’s Ministry of ICT (MICT) “Braincloud Solution”, which enable students and teachers to access education materials via tablets. The MICT intends to expand this program to 22,000 schools and aims to bond 80% of them by May 2013.
Moving to cloud-based tools gives schools unprecedented access to knowledge and ways to communicate. The digital classroom is more than online learning by the students at home; it provides an interactive platform for collaboration. But it’s not enough to give teachers and students apps and devices. For technology to enrich learning they need the right infrastructure in place as well as support and training.
Education Institutes need to consider the benefits and challenges that each cloud solution offers and decide which of the 3 soutions; private, public or hybrid-cloud is right for their needs.
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015