06 Oct J.P. MORGAN SAYS ABOUT 76 MILLION HOUSEHOLDS AFFECTED BY CYBER BREACH
The contact information of more than 76 million former and current customers of JP Morgan Chase were compromised by the malware attack that used the “Zero-Day” code, making it one of the largest cyber breaches against a major financial institution.
According to investigations, hackers gained access of the bank’s network via an employee’s personal computer, which allowed them to infiltrate the wider system and steal the names, email addresses, phone numbers and addresses of 7 million businesses and 76 million individual investors. One silver lining is the hackers were unable to gather detailed information on accounts, such as numbers and passwords, but they got awfully close.
US officials believe that Russians could be behind this huge cyber-attack with speculations arising that the hack was made in retaliation for US sanctions against Russia amid the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.
This attack should be a wake up call for small to medium businesses around the world; If one of the world’s largest financial institutions, who have the money to arm themselves with the best online security available, can be hacked, do local organisations have the correct online security measures in place to protect themselves against attacks?
Talk to us about the standard IT safety protocols your business needs to stay protected. Contact us at email@example.com for an IT security consultation.
News moves fast. Technology news moves even faster. Aware’s Weekend Round-Up will cover off any local and overseas news you may have missed over the weekend. Start your week off with a coffee and Aware’s Weekend Round-Up.
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – IMPROVING THE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - March 26, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – LEADING AND GOVERNING THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION - March 22, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONAL CULTURE - February 23, 2016
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – GETTING TO SI, JA, OUI, HAI, AND DA - December 9, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนกันยายน - October 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. September’s News in 2 Minutes. - October 2, 2015
- PRINT YOUR OWN CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER - September 22, 2015
- WHAT THE CEO IS READING – FOUR SEASONS: THE STORY OF A BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY - September 17, 2015
- 2 นาทีข่าวเทคโนโลยีประจำเดือนสิงหาคม - September 2, 2015
- 2 Minutes Of Tech. August’s News in 2 Minutes. - September 2, 2015